Coronavirus Update 20.3.20
Today has been a day of mixed emotions in unprecedented times; this is not how we would have chosen to say farewell to our S4-S6 leavers and on that basis we plan to have a special event for them when we are back operating as normal. I know the staff who are currently self-isolating are devastated at not being able to say goodbye.
Staff and pupils have been a credit to the school this week and have demonstrated all of our school values. Although hectic at times, everyone has worked together to make this week run as smoothly as possible.
School in now closed to S1-3 pupils until further notice. Work is already being added to Glow for all S1-3 classes and this will develop further as time goes on. We are very conscious that we don’t want to overwhelm you or the pupils. I intimated previously that we are working on advice and guidance for Glow and this will be on the website in due course.
I can confirm that from Monday we will be open for S4-6 pupils to allow them the opportunity to complete course work, folios etc. and I have included the timetable for the next two weeks
(Pupils should discard the printed version collected today and work from this updated version also on the website). Please be mindful that this may be subject to change, particularly in relation to staffing levels. We will advise you if we need to make any adjustments going forward.
To ensure clarity these are the details on how we will operate;
- Open for S4-6 students only.
- Pupils only need to attend on the days when the focus in on a subject they are studying.
- If they choose to come in on any other day we advise that they phone to check if we have staff capacity first.
- We will observe social distancing in school as far as possible and we will have more space available.
- Pupils do not need to wear uniform.
- Pupils must sign in at reception when they arrive at school to ensure we have records for health and safety purposes.
- No catering service will be available.
- The building will open at 8.30am and close at 3.20pm for pupils.
- School transport should run as normal.
Our mental health and wellbeing counsellor will be in school over the next few weeks should any of our senior pupils need a professional listening ear or to help with any feelings of anxiety.
Please note that pupils should not feel pressurised to attend during the next few weeks if they are concerned about their health and wellbeing. Staff will continue to be in touch with pupils through Glow, Edmodo and other online platforms.
I am incredibly proud of the resilience the pupils and staff have shown at this time and I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in the school team for their efforts this week. Thanks also to you, parents and carers, for your patience, understanding and support; your messages of goodwill and thanks have kept us all going.
Many thanks again for your continued support and we will maintain contact with you as the weeks progress.