Flu Vaccinations - October 4th 2021
Pupil Flu Vaccination Programme due to take place on Monday 4 October 2021.
Over the course of this week you son/daughter will come home with a consent form which should be completed and returned to school as soon as possible. A courier will be coming into Beeslack at some point next week to collect all of the returns.
The flu vaccine is now being offered to all secondary school pupils in Scotland.
This is for three reasons:
1. Flu can be serious, even for healthy people.
2. To reduce the risk of spreading flu to friends and family.
3. To help prevent the flu virus putting extra strain on our NHS services this winter.
The flu vaccine is given as a nasal (nose) spray into each nostril. It is quick and painless and there is no need to sniff or inhale the vaccine. It will just feel like a tickle in the nose.
What should you do next?
- Please read the ‘Flu vaccine for secondary school pupils’ leaflet
- You will receive a consent form from school. It is important you talk about this with your parent or carer, and complete and return the consent form to school.
- Watch the ‘What to expect during your flu vaccination’ video.
- For further information about the flu vaccine visit www.nhsinform.scot/childflu
When you will get your vaccine?
Whole school vaccinations will take place on Monday 4 October 2021.
NHS Scotland recommends you get your flu vaccine this year. The flu vaccine is the safest, most effective way to protect yourself against flu.