Beeslack Dolphins Swimming Programme has restarted
Beeslack Swimming Programme
SCOTTISH SWIMMING SUPPORT THE RESTART OF LESSONS AND SWIMMING CLUB ACTIVITIES
Beeslack Communities, Lifelong Learning and Leisure are aware that the COVID-19 situation has been changing rapidly, but we are pleased to announce Dolphins have restarted.
Scottish Swimming will continue to be in regular contact with Local Authority partners. We will provide you with any changes and additional information from them accordingly.
We realise that swimmers may be excited or apprehensive. it's very important that we continue to keep our school and community areas safe, open and COVID free.
To enable us to do this we have put new measure in place.
Please note some of the changes that have been made:
- Class times have been shortened to make allowances for the additional cleaning that has been put in place before and after classes.
- We have also introduced a one way system where swimmers will enter at the rear door, hand sanitise, have temperatures taken and track & trace registers, then leave by the main entrance.
- Swimmers will be advised to come swim ready with swimwear underneath their outer clothing.
- Parents will be allowed access to the building, if their child is 8 years and under or has additional support needs, which requires assistance to get changed.
- Parents must leave the facility by following the one way system as quickly as possible. Please do not stop to chat.
- We are no longer allowed to issue goggles to swimmers, please remember to bring your own.
- No showering until further notice.
- Staff will meet swimmers and take them into either a red or yellow area, which includes groups and changing facilities.
- Swimmer may arrive up to 10 mins early to allow enough time to get changed and enable the lessons to start on time.
- Please do not arrive late for your lesson as the door will be closed 5 minutes after the start time. This to allow us to clean and prepare the pop up reception for the next class. If you are late you will also miss your warm up, any instructions given by staff and the outside door will be closed.
- If you wish to speak with any of our teacher, please call the office for a telephone appointment.
We realise that this is not what was expected, swimming is an essential life skill and we want to make sure all our young people were able to enjoy this experience in the safest possible manner.
Thank you on behalf of the Beeslack Community Team.
Please direct all queries to:
Telephone: 01968 673893