The Chaplaincy Team:
- David Shedden, Baptist Minister, Penicuik
The Chaplaincy Team at Beeslack High School aims to make significant contributions towards the Spiritual development and health and well being of pupils and staff within Scottish Government Guidelines. The aims of Religious Observance (RO) are to ‘promote the spiritual development of all members of the school community; to express and celebrate the shared values of the school community.’
Because RO is a requirement for all schools under the Education (Scotland) Act 1980, the Chaplaincy Team can positively support schools in the delivery of the statutory duty through the following means:
- Leading, preparing or sharing in assemblies and acting as a resource for RO events with the agreement of the Head Teacher and the RO group within the school.
- Scripture Union group is open to all pupils and encouraging them to ask questions, reflect and come to their own conclusions about Christian belief.
- Being sensitive and responsive to any situations of tragedy, illness or other difficult circumstances experienced by members of the school community.
- Being available as part of the support mechanism for the school community to promote health and well being.