Welcome to the Social Studies Department
The Social Studies team in Beeslack are passionate about encouraging students’ to understand the world around them and to develop enquiring minds.
The Social Studies Department team are as follows:
- Mr M Creamer – PTC (Teacher of Geography, Modern Studies and Social Studies)
- Mrs L Roberts PT (Teacher of Business Management and Social Studies)
- Miss C L Casey (Teacher of History, Modern Studies and Social Studies)
- Mrs L Paton (Teacher of Geography and Social Studies)
- Miss C Mackie (Teacher of Modern Studies, History and Social Studies)
- Miss H Kennedy (Teacher of History and Social Studies)
Through social studies, our young people develop their understanding of the world by learning about other people and their values, in different times, places and circumstances; they also develop their understanding of their environment and of how it has been shaped. As they mature, our young people’s experiences will be broadened using Scottish, British, European and wider contexts for learning, while maintaining a focus on the historical, social, geographic, economic and political changes that have shaped Scotland. Our young people learn about human achievements and about how to make sense of changes in society, of conflicts and of environmental issues. A key aim of the Faculty is to ensure that greater understanding of these issues helps our young people to become more informed about the world they live in helping them to become responsible citizens.
Whether you are a parent or a pupil we hope you will find the information and resources in this section useful and informative. If there is something you would like included on the page, please contact Mr Creamer or Mrs Roberts and we will see if it is possible to include it.
We hope you find the website useful and any feedback is most welcome.